[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zel8imwhtg] Harry West is the CEO [Chief Envsioneering Officer] of Continuum Innovation. I watched these two videos as a small homework project before crafting my résumé, cover letter, and other documents for a job application with the company. If you don't have time to watch one or both of the videos, his thesis of powerful work is:
It's not what you do, it's what you get done.
and the cumulative impact on what you get done is the most important aspect of productivity.
I am paraphrasing other topics from these videos below:
- Most innovators are seriously obsessed with the strangest things
- Contradictions are clues for innovation
- Don't try to be creative, try to solve the problem
- Think about what you're watching / studying
- Slow-thinking is powerful